Lord of the Rings Shadows Over Middle-earth

 Almost forgot to blog about this one!

On Saturday, I hosted my first board game at my house.  Aside from the pet allergies, I think it went well.

This was a long one - over 2 hours to complete.  There were LOTS of puzzles to solve, 10 of them.  There was one that was super obscure where you had to use clues from the actual box, but absolutely nothing alluded to it, until we actually read the solution.  I disliked that puzzle the most.  

There were three of us playing and we only used about 5 hints to get through it.  I also paused a few times to make copies of the items so I could sell/reuse it.  Bid on Ebay.  

Overall, the quality of the game and materials were stellar to me.  I didn't like that it had a lot of reading, because that takes away from the time of the game play.  However, the story line was definitely connected to the LOTR story.  Or at least my other escapologists agreed.  I never actually watched the movies or read the books.

Featured hint:  The dots match the words above and below the sword.


Next Up:

Online:  Unlock Disney World

In person:  Scooby Doo

Board Game:  Starline Express

Comments

Popular Posts