Oh! Those Wildwood Days and the Jersey Devil

 I am posting these together because they were both completed on a whim during our vacation.

Wildwood Days

First of all, I LOVED this one.  I used to go to Wildwood every summer with my family when we were young.  We enjoyed all the arcades and games on the Boardwalk and fun in the sun at the beach or the motel/hotel pool.  So, I loved how the clues were a blast from the past.  I'm actually upset at us for not catching many of them as they were super obvious!

Either way we still made it out of there in 24 minutes or so (it was only a 30-minute limit), with using 2 hints (which we probably didn't need if we were paying attention!)




Jersey Devil

So, another room at the Cloak & Dagger was attributed to the famous NJ folklore of the Jersey Devil!  Sounds like another good nostalgic type room, right?  WRONG?  Well, yes, there are historic items and folklore mentioned, but there is a reason Alex and I don't do spooky themed rooms.  We're scared out of our mind of the dark and spooky themes!

We did not make it out of this room, regardless of the simple hints available.  I feel like this is mostly because every time we solved something there was a sinister laugh and we were conditioned to not wanting to hear it or see what happened (lol)!  We were one clue away from victory at the end and I'm glad we didn't solve it because the game master mentioned that it would open a dark closet with skeletons and we would have to search their clothes for the final key.  NO THANK YOU!  

But if you're into that ...

Up Next for Let's Escape!


Escape Room (in person):  The Pirate Ship (Round 3)

Escape Mail (online):  Best Served Cold

Outdoor Scavenger Hunt:  Beauty & the Beast


Comments

Popular Posts